It's cold, wet, and miserable outside, so I figured it'd be a good time to update the ol' journal with a completely random update:
- The NFL Draft Party at James' was a resounding success. Aside from the two fatties that showed up and called Flack and I faggots, it went really well I think.
Rewind for a second: so the Draft is cranking, I'm in full grillin' mode, and everyone is outside enjoying the sun and food. Up walk Ohio and Big Slop from Seacoast on a "recruiting mission" to get James to come to practices and play with them this year. They both wear their championship rings and mention that if us "bastards" want a championship (Flack and I, not James) we should come out too. As they are leaving, Big Slop told James to stop by and "if us faggots want to come too, i guess we can". Nice. Classy. What the fuck is that??? If I had a harpoon big enough to take the fatty down I would have been slinging that thing. How tacky is that? Showing up when someone is clearly having a party, busting in, being a prick, and then leaving? Come on now.
- Draft wise, the Patriots did awesome, snatching the 2nd best Running Back, the best WR, the best FB, and probably the 5th best OT and 5th best TE. Can't be upset with those pickups.
- After the Draft, Jen and I hit Dick's Sporting Goods to buy some hiking boots, as we planned a hike up Mt. Monadnock on sunday. We got some nice new kicks, and we went to bed early. We had a really nice hike, and if the girl wasn't behind me breaking my fall when I plunged off the mountain I wouldn't be typing this. Thanks babe ;)
- The best quote I think I've ever heard regarding life: "You have to grow old, but you never have to grow up". So damn true.
- Even though the news has been pretty awful about MySpace, it's not always a bad thing. After having a nightmare of my childhood buddy Tom Chan dying, I told Jen I had to find him. She thought he might be on MySpace so she searched with info. I gave her and lo and behold, she found him. We're back in contact after 10 years, and I'm feeling good and at peace again. Very cool.
- I wish the Sox fans at Fenway didn't boo at Johnny when he came out, rather they should have all been 100% silent and give him the silent treatment. Fenway is never silent, and I think that would have said something much more powerful than booing. Plus, it would have been creepy as hell.
- 32 days until my birthday. Awwww yeah. I'm just asking for Best Buy Gift Cards so I can try and hope to get enough or close for an XBox 360. That would be clutch. They're so damn expensive, and if we weren't moving I could probably save up, but with the move it will require some help from the friends and family :)
- "The Fray" have a great new CD out. Very good, I'm lovin' it.
- Ray and Lola are still doing great. I hope to be able to build a nice cat house for them to move into in time for us when we move back to D-town. A nice little treat would be great for them in case they feel uncomfy with the move.
Time to get some work done. There's not much to do, but I suppose I should try.