Without getting into it, the team we are playing tomorrow is trying to amp up this game as "the most bitter rivalry [sic]".
This is funny for a number of reasons:
- We've never played them. In fact, we're a first year team and we've never played ANYONE.
- They are a 3rd year team. Not a long time to create any sort of rivalry with any team.
- There are teams like Lowell and Boston, or the Hawks and the Bulls that have battled for over 10 years against each other. But this is the most bitter rivalry?
- Half the team we are playing are former teammates of mine from last year.
- It would be nice if they could actually spell the word 'rivalry'
Hey, whatever you need to do to make yourself feel like you are a part of something. Especially when you don't actually play.