Football practice is in full swing, spring has barely made an appearance, and so far so good in the world of Boston sports - Sox are back on track, Celtics swept the Knicks, the Bruins can finish off the Habs tonight, and the NFL lockout has been lifted. What more could you ask for?
- Ok, maybe you could ask for these:
No, seriously. If you ever go to Boston, you have to go to Mike's Pastry and ask for at least two cannolis. Why? Because you'll punch yourself in the face later on when you realize you wolfed down the first and regret not ordering a second and you'll question every life decision up until that point and won't be able to move on from it and it will paralyze you and your decision making until you can get back there and make amends.
- I have a thing for pockets. Cargo pants, jackets with a million of them, wallets and bags with hidden pockets. This stems 100% from my father. He is a big pocket guy. He is like MacGyver. He has everything in the world in his 783 pockets. Something to aspire to.
- For the first time since I graduated high school I got to see a good friend of mine. Brendan James is an amazing artist. Amazing. Don't take more word for it. Check out his stuff and promptly buy his CDs.
Jessie and I saw him at a small show close to our hometown and met up with my old friend Ankur for dinner and the show. Awesome. Simply awesome.
You could tell Brendan felt comfortable with being back home, among friends and family. I think it made all the difference. It was so good seeing him. This kid is blowing up already, but he is about to just go off. Bank on it.
And it is totally true about cameras adding 50 lbs., an extra chin and making one shoulder look insanely higher than the other...just not to Brendan.
- Even though I haven't eaten at KFC in over 3 years, every time I drive past it to go to the gym my body quivers. I know, awesome visual, huh? Fat guys should never use the word 'quiver'.
- My second family is my football team. My third family is my XBox Live buddies. I have some friends I've met on XBL and have remained friends and gotten to know over the years away from games. Playing Call of Duty I've met a lot of cool people. Flack's brother is one of them. I could tell he was related to Flack as soon as I saw his gamer icon he created:
100% fitting for that family. That is Flack on the left and Davey on the right of course.
- I can't think of many things that suck more than when you get to the gym ready to work out and you turn on your iPod and it's dead. And have to listen to the piped in awful music. And the mundane bullshit that spews out of people's mouths, people that if they shut the hell up they could get off the machines they are hogging and out of the gym in 1/3 of the time. Lesson learned. Until I forget to charge my iPod again and I hate myself all over again.
- The NFL Draft is Thursday. Reason #1 I look forward to April every year: having my friends over for some good food, fighting over who we think the Patriots will take and do with their draft picks, and generally eating until we hate ourselves. We live for this.